I moved to Utah when I was a teenager in 1996 with my family. There are a lot of great things about this state and a lot I have yet to see and do.
My favorite are the mountains though. Anyway I thought I would give you the top 10 things that are awesome and to do in Utah. Here you go 😀
- Heber Valley Railroad – Not only do I love the HVRR I was also an ticket agent at one time. It was a fun job. When I was married my husband and I went on the Raft ‘n Rails train which is river rafting then lunch after. I have also been on the Thomas Train and North Pole Express train with my daughter and sister. Looking at the website I dont think Raft n Rails does lunch anymore? IDK you would have to call them.
- Sundance Film Festival – I have never been but it was founded by Robert Redford and is basically a festival about the best in independent films and every year celebrities come and take part in the festival.
- Oktoberfest Utah – Again I have never been but wish I had. Basically an annual event celebrating beer and folk festival that travels across the world and one stop happens to be Utah!
- Temple Square – It is truly beautiful to see at night and in person. Owned by the LDS Church and in the center of SLC, UT (downtown). It is basically the largest LDS church in Utah held for conferences, visitors centers, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, museums and the family history library.
- National Parks – Utah is known to have third most National Parks which are Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Zion. Great for hiking and sight seeing.
- Lake Powell – Ive never been also lol! But great for camping, boating and hiking as well. Very popular.
- Hot Springs – Basically warm almost hot spring water tourist area. They have quite a few in Utah.
- Great Salt Lake – Is the largest salt water lake in the Western Hemisphere and the 4th largest terminal lake in the world. Antelope Island State Park is near the lake and a large tourist attraction for hiking, biking, wildlife viewing and beaches.
- Monument Valley – is another tourist attraction because of the cluster of rocks and only accessible through a guided tour.
- Bonneville Salt Flats – is a densely packed salt pan known for tourists to drive the flats and used for the Bonneville Speedway.
A lot of awesome things about Utah. I will miss it but I am due for an new adventure in Arizona 😉
Have you ever visited Utah? What is your favorite thing about Utah? Do you live in Utah?
Thanks for reading 🙂