Top 10 Tips for Weight Loss
For the past hour, I have been searching on ezinearticles.com for an article to carry all the necessities for weight loss, but then realized I KNOW what needs to be done for weight loss and going to share the tips I learned as a BeachBody Coach and Online.
See the secret (which really isnt a secret) and rings in my ears still ever since I was a BeachBody Coach in 2010 is basically the I guess 80/20 rule. 80% what you eat and 20% in the gym is your key to weight loss. Thats all you need to remember!
But I will be more thorough with actually tips 😉
- Drink LOTS of water! Water is very important and from what I learned Alkaline water is the best. They sell water filter machines that will remove fluoride and Alkalinize your water for you. Check out Enagic. I will be a distributor for them later also. The recommended of course is/was always 8 8oz glasses a day plus more if you workout to stay hydrated. But becareful to not drink too much water.
- Eat lots of fruits and veggies! There are no negative to eating fruits and veggies no matter what they try to tell you. If you can get organic too, but if not at least get a variety.
- Meal Prep – Plan your meals in advanced. You can do it weekly or monthly, make a variety so your taste buds dont get tired of the same thing. Plan with lean Protein, Fruits & Veggies and some healthy Carbs.
- Clean Eating – Avoid Processed Foods. Anything that comes out of a box or frozen food isle and with a thousand ingredients you cannot pronounce or never heard of.
- Proteins – If you are trying to go Vegan stick with beans, nuts, tofu, tempth, etc…or go with healthy proteins such as lean chicken, fish etc and try to avoid red meat. Personally going to try to go back to Vegan once I go on my personal lifestyle change.
- Avoid Dairy. Drink Almond, Hemp, Rice, Soy milk etc…You get the idea, my favorite is Hemp Milk if I cant have that I drink Soy. Not a huge fan of Almond. I LOVE milk, so much, I drink it before bed. It helps me sleep. But if I drink too much regular milk it literally makes me sick and its just not good for you.
- Healthy Carbs such as potatoes, brown rice, whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, popcorn, oatmeal, etc….there are other form of carbs with fruits & veggies too but this is what I think of when I think of carbs.
- Avoid Sugar and Soda. My weakness is sweets and especially Dr. Pepper. I plan to quit it though for both, or at least limit the amount by 80% or only eat/drink for cheat meals.
- Get Plenty of Sleep. Some Research says lack of sleep promotes weight gain and leads to poor food choices when you are tired. I read somewhere adults need at least 6-7 hours of sleep at night.
- Become a Vegan or Vegetarian. You will automatically lose weight choosing either option IMO. Not only do you help animals, the environment but it is also a healthy lifestyle choice.
- Avoid Junk Food. Junk food is so bad for you, the food is processed and full of unhealthy fats and empty calories. Try to find healthy replacements such as fruit.
- Finally, Im sure yall have been waiting…..EXERCISE! Cardio and Weight Lifting! Right now I fancy my Rowing Machine, Squats and going for Walks around the neighborhood. Recommended to workout 3-5 days a week 30-60 minutes each time.
- Choose Healthy Fats such as walnuts, avocados, natural peanut butter, seaweed, flaxseed, kale, etc…
- Other tips – Keep a Food Journal for One Week so you can see your bad food habits; Watch yourself eat in the mirror; Brush your teeth after you eat; Dont eat after 6pm; Drink a glass of water before a meal; Do a body detox/cleanse before your diet etc…
- Plan – now that you have all the information that you need to lose weight, now is the time to Plan. Because like the saying goes “Those Who Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail“. Plan for one week your diet and exercise routine, if that is too much plan daily the night before so you dont have to worry about messing up or flaking out. It takes time, if you mess up, try again. Dont Give Up! 😉
Personally, I plan to lose 35lbs. First I want to do a 3 day Weight Loss Shake Cleanse, then do a 21 Day Extreme Workout (both from BeachBody) to get to my ideal weight but if I decide to create my own system I will using the information above. 🙂