Going Crunchy and How to Do it
First, what is Crunchy
Adjective. Used to describe persons who have adjusted or altered their lifestyle for environmental reasons. Crunchy persons tend to be politically strongly left-leaning and may be additionally but not exclusively categorized as vegetarians, vegans, eco-tarians, conservationists, environmentalists, neo-hippies, tree huggers, nature enthusiasts, etc.
Also used to describe establishments where alternative foods and products are sold, i.e. natural food stores.
Modified derivative of granola.
“I need more crunchy guys in my life. I’m so tired of dating preppy metrosexual assholes.”
“I’m heading out to the crunchy store to pick up some fair trade chocolate and tea tree oil, do you need anything?” Source: UrbanDictionary.com
For as long as I can remember I have always wanted to live more naturally and it can be overwhelming at times because there is a lot to learn, process and apply. So I have been taking tiny baby steps. In the past and now I am in the process of going Vegan again, or Vegetarian, depending on the situation Im in and that for cruelty and environmental reasons. Ive even considered going raw vegan if possible, but its all still a process, one step at a time but Im hardly vegetarian at the moment.
Plus with all the hard to pronounce chemicals in everything and seems everything is cancer causing and additional illnesses nowadays from processed foods, vaccines, medications etc…its better to go all natural and organic. I especially want to do so since my biopsy. So now I look for things with very simple easy to pronounce ingredients when I go shopping.
Anyway right now I am using Carrington Farms extra virgin coconut oil for my face, body and hair and going to try oil pulling with it. I was also using Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar a lot but need to purchase a new bottle. I was using that to clean veggies and you’re supposed to take a shot a day for health reasons, since it has a ton of health benefits like coconut oil.
I am also getting into Essential Oils and currently using the Edens Garden, Doterra I have and just recently bought Eczema and Lavender pre-diluted roll ons from Plant Therapy, Vesper Beauty & Elle’s Essentials. Looking to try more stuff from other homemade stuff Etsy.com stores and Mountain Rose Herbs . I eventually want to make my own roll ons, sprays and inhalers as well to cure aliments.
I also want to try eating and drinking more alkaline foods and either my own alkaline water or purchase an alkaline filter. From what I understand our bodies are very acidic from all the chemicals in our air, food, medication which causes cancer and having more alkaline in our body gets rid of the acid which develops into cancer.
TMI Im also interested in cloth pads as well, wearing pads, tampons not only toxic but bad for the environment just like disposable diapers.
I would like to eventually make my own Home Remedies book. Ive considered becoming a Certified Aromatherapist and Herbalist, but not sure how deep I want to go. I just know I want it for my home and personal use and maybe as gifts for family and friends. I do know I want to get educated enough so I am prepped for any aliment with a natural remedy. I would also like to make my own personal elixir (excluding Essential Oils as they are not for ingestion and need to be pre-diluted for use).
With food I would love to buy all organic and such but Im just going to have to do what I can. Trying to go Vegan you run into processed foods so the second option is raw vegan, which I would love but Im not that far yet. Im still a beginner with being crunchy and vegan/vegetarian.
I dont think Im an extreme or super crunchy or will be. The same with being vegan. I like to keep things simple.
The information is overwhelming though and needs to be done in steps. So lets write some steps shall we? 😀
- Think of all your aliments and what you are taking over the counter and prescription medications for. (Disclaimer I am not a MD, consult your Physician before trying home remedies). So make a list of what you take and what you use it for. So for me, my problems are bad heartburn (I take Omeprazole for it) and Ibuprofen for cramps, headaches and toothaches.
- Google is your friend! 😀 So at google.com search your aliment + home remedy Example: heartburn home remedies. Then write down those remedies! 😀
- You can also purchase books on the subject “Home Remedies” at Amazon.com
- I use google docs/drive for notes of everything I have researched so far. But still will be making a physical home remedies book as well.
- The most used natural products I have seen are extra virgin coconut oil, bragg apple cider vinegar, aloe vera, castor oil, castille soap, essential oils, etc
- Plus if you dont want to make these yourself for time etc you can always buy it online somewhere. 😀 Do your research first of course 😉 I did for our new essential oils roll ons for my daughter and myself. But plan to make my own soon as well.
- Join Facebook groups on the subject of Home Remedies, Natural Healing, Natural Living, etc
- Again if you dont want to buy anything try amazon or etsy to have it already made.
CRUNCHY MUST HAVES
- Essential Oils – Edens Garden & Plant Therapy both quality and inexpensive oils
- Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – I love Carrington Farms brand
- Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Aloe Vera Gel & Juice
- Baking Soda
- Chemical-Fluoride Free Alkaline Water
- Clean eating
- Dr. Bronner Castile Soap
- Bentonite clay
- only organic and some natural anything
- Epsom Salt
- Activated Charcoal
- Elderberry Syrup
- Colloidal silver
There are more of course, but this is enough to get you started….just google and do research…
I think as a society we are now heading in more of a green direction as it is and there is no time like the present to start living a healthier life. 🙂