How to find a Real Work at Home Job
Nowadays people have no idea how much easier it is to work from home versus 10 years ago. I remember it was my dream to work from home and now I have been for the past 4 years (since 2012). Even my old employer is trying out beta telecommuting options.
According to statistics Regular work-at-home, among the non-self-employed population, has grown by 103% since 2005. 3.7 million employees (2.8% of the workforce) now work from home at least half the time.
The Savings for both business and employee would be astronomical as well plus help the environment :
“If those with compatible jobs and a desire to work from home did so just half the time (roughly the national average for those who do so regularly) the national savings would total over $700 Billion a year including:
- A typical business would save $11,000 per person per year
- The telecommuters would save between $2,000 and $7,000 a year
- The greenhouse gas reduction would be the equivalent of taking the entire New York State workforce permanently off the road.” according to GlobalWorkplaceAnalytics.com
Which still blows my mind.
Anyway I am going to share with you my method of finding jobs from home.
- First there are a few general work at home jobs websites I like to visit such as the classic wahm.com (stands for work at home mom) and I have been visiting that website since 2006, then ratracerebellion.com and realwaystoearnmoneyonline.com. ThePennyHoarder.com is another favorite.
- Another thing I do is go to my local Craigslist.org website, do a search on the left hand side with the keyword “telecommuting” and what will popup is the number of options with that keyword for example mine says “66 “telecommuting” in Jobs” and I click on that and it will pull up telecommuting from ALL the job categories available. You can also check backpage.com the same way.
- Craigslist again – check also under gigs, etc and part time.
- Check also HERE and HERE.
- GOOD NEWS! Your options dont even stop there! You can create your own job by selling items around the house on eBay.com, creating crafts and homemade items and selling them on Etsy.com, do surveys, freebies, Direct Sales, become a caregiver, babysitting, housekeeping, pet sitting, drive Uber, rent out a room, do clinical trials and research studies, donate plasma, your options are limitless.
In case you are curious, I am a housekeeper and pet sitter for my parents who are over the road truck drivers, also in 2014 I trained as a Nurse Assistant (not Certified).
The time now is the best time to be able to work at home, if that is something you really want to do, I guarantee you will be able to with the right amount of research and dedication to finding a legitimate homebased job. 🙂
I hope this information proved to be useful. Have a great weekend 😀